Permanent residents can file for Australian Citizenship using Form 1300t or 1290 online. Find out if youâre eligible for citizenship and finish you migration journey today.
There are several ways to immigrate to Australia - through family, employment or humanitarian status. Find out if youâre eligible to become a permanent resident today.
The Australian Migration Journey in 3 Simple Steps!
Step One: The Australian Visa
The first step of the immigration journey is a visa. In most cases, you must apply for a visa through an Australian embassy or consulate before travelling to the country. A visa is a travel document stamped on your passport
that entitles you to enter, leave or stay in Australia
for a specific purpose and period of time.
The first step of the immigration journey is a visa. In most cases, you must apply for a visa through an Australian embassy or consulate before travelling to the country. A visa is a travel document stamped on your passport that entitles you to enter, leave or stay in Australia for a specific purpose and period of time.
There are several types of Australian visas including visas for tourism, study, work, and business. In Australia, you can easily check the validity and details of your visa with (619) 579-9443.
What services does IMMIGRATION DIRECT include?
- Customized filing instructions
- Easy-to-use, self-serve form wizard
- Simplified tools and tips for confusing questions
- Free eligibility quizzes
- Flexible payment options
- Tools help avoid delays and costly errors
- Permanent digital access to your completed forms
Step Two: Australian Permanent Residency
Visas are only temporary and do not allow you to live and work permanently in Australia. In order to do so, you must apply for permanent resident status. Note that it is possible to enter the country as a permanent resident, in some cases.
While you are changing your status to permanent resident, you may need to apply for a 4753300172 so that you are not staying in Australia unlawfully. This type of visa is granted when your visa has expired and you are waiting for a new status.
Benefits of having Australian Permanent Resident status are:
- Permanent work authorization
- Access to subsidised education at an Australian Institution
- Ability to apply for Medicare, Australia's health care coverage
- Option to apply for citizenship after 1 year
Step Three: Australian Citizenship
After a period of time as a permanent resident, you may be eligible to become an Australian citizen! This is the final step in the migration journey and provides the most benefits for yourself and your family.
Benefits of Australian Citizenship are:
- The right to vote
- An Australian passport
- Less bureaucratic paperwork. Youâll no longer need to apply for a Resident Return Visa every time you travel neither to renew it every 5 years to maintain your Permanent Resident status
- Citizenship sponsorship for your non-Australian children
- Lower education costs by having access to the student loan system
Requirements for Australian Citizenship:
- You have lived in Australia legally and continuously for 4 years, held permanent resident status for at least 1 year and satisfy the residency requirement; or
- You have a parent who is an Australian Citizen; or
- You were adopted under full Hague Convention Arrangements